[CW-Grad] Glimmer Train - July 31 deadline

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Wed Jul 21 09:36:07 PDT 2010

FYI--

 	 VERY SHORT FICTION AWARD
Deadline: July 31

Prizes:
	 1st place wins $1,200, publication in Glimmer Train Stories, and 20 copies.
	 2nd-place: $500 and possible publication.
	 3rd-place: $300 and possible publication.

Other considerations:
	 Open to all writers.
	 Length not to exceed 3,000 words. Any shorter lengths are welcome.
	 Reading fee is $15 per story.
	 Results post on September 30. Winning story will be published in Issue 81.
	 Editors' Take on Very Short Fiction Submissions.

We look forward to reading your work!

Editors
Glimmer Train Stories, represented in recent editions of the Pushcart Prize,
O. Henry, New Stories from the South, New Stories from the Midwest, and
Best American Short Stories anthologies.

Questions? Please check our straightforward FAQs; if the answer isn't there: editors at glimmertrain.org.

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto