[CW-Grad] From Brian Oglesby: Barnyard Theatre Summer 2010 -- Three plays by our MFAs!

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Fri Jul 9 13:28:41 PDT 2010

Congrats to Rob, Eva and Brenda!

Dear Barnyard Friends and Family!
            For its seventh season, Barnyard Theatre is pleased to invite you to our production of “Things That Fall From the Sky,” an evening of short plays directed by Lindsay Carpenter.  The evening includes three short plays. A story about a man waiting for a bear, a young couple visiting a shop that sells memories, and a girl who loves the stars but is now afraid to look up.
           Buy your tickets NOW and save $4!  The cost is $12 general and $8 students/seniors if we receive your order 24 hours before the performance. Call (530) 574-1318 to reserve tickets or get a copy of the ticket order form at www.barnyardtheatre.org/tickets. Tickets are $16 general and $12 students/seniors if purchased at the door. Thursday, July 29, will be a pay-what-you-can night.  The show will run Friday July 16th through Saturday July 31st. All performances will begin at 8 p.m. at the Historic Schmeiser Barn, 35125 County Road 31.
               We remind you to bring sweatshirts in case of chilly weather, and we’ll provide bug spray. Parking at the barn is limited this year, so carpooling is strongly encouraged.
            Keep an eye on the website for more information about our Nights of New Plays Festival, taking place August 12-14, which features workshops, readings and performances of new works by emerging and established playwrights.
            We hope you’ll come enjoy “Things That Fall From the Sky” this summer. Please help us get the word out about the show by forwarding this e-mail to family and friends!
            See you at the barn!

Robin Russin

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto