[CW-Grad] Fwd: Screenwriters: Big deadlines & exciting opps!

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Fri Feb 26 11:34:21 PST 2010

FYI, via Leonid--thanks, and spread the news. These are good contests.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Leonid Leonov <leonidleonov at gmail.com>
Date: February 26, 2010 11:13:08 AM PST
To: Robin Russin <robin.russin at ucr.edu>
Subject: Fwd: Screenwriters: Big deadlines & exciting opps!

Got this from Without a Box, others might want to check it out in the Theater program.

Opportunities abound for the talented screenwriter! Below, discover plenty of exciting competitions and festivals that are dedicated to promoting the work and careers of promising screenwriters. In the mix are some of the industry's biggest names, rapidly growing competitions, and film festivals that honor the writer's contribution to filmmaking. Explore these possibilities, and submit today before these BIG deadlines pass you by!

AMONG THEM, DON'T MISS:
- The Final Draft, Inc. Big Break Screenplay Contest
- Visionfest Feature Screenwriting Competition
- Creative World Awards Screenplay Contest
- Waterfront Film Festival Screenplay Competition
- Nantucket Film Festival & Screenplay Competition

CHECK OUT THESE DEDICATED EVENTS AND CONTESTS:

Creative World Awards Screenplay Contest, Los Angeles, CA
FEBRUARY 28, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline

Writemovies .com International Writing Contest No. 24, Los Angeles, CA
FEBRUARY 28, 2010 - Late Deadline

Ohio Independent Screenplay Awards, Cleveland, OH
MARCH 01, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline
MARCH 15, 2010 - Regular Deadline

Script Pimp Screenwriting Competition, Santa Monica, CA
MARCH 01, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline

The Final Draft, Inc. Big Break Screenplay Contest, Los Angeles, CA
MARCH 01, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline

Visionfest Feature Screenwriting Competition, Brooklyn, NY
MARCH 01, 2010 - Regular Deadline

Waterfront Film Festival Screenplay Competition, Saugatuck, MI
MARCH 01, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline

Table Read My Screenplay - Screenplay Contest, Los Angeles, CA
MARCH 05, 2010 - WAB Extended Deadline

Gimme Credit International Screenplay Competition, Los Angeles, CA
MARCH 09, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline

Big Bear Lake Screenwriting Competition, Big Bear Lake, CA
MARCH 15, 2010 - Regular Deadline

Movie Script Short Contest: The Golden Brad Awards, Burbank, CA
MARCH 15, 2010 - Regular Deadline

AND REMEMBER TO DIG DEEPER...
Many of our partner festivals also offer screenplay competitions, and are looking to discover the industry's next big screenwriting talents. Submit today for your chance at prizes, recognition, and an exciting experience on the festival circuit!

CATCH THESE UPCOMING DEADLINES:

Boston International Film Festival, Boston, MA
FEBRUARY 26, 2010 - Late Deadline

Redemptive Film Festival, Virginia Beach, VA
FEBRUARY 26, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline
MARCH 12, 2010 - Regular Deadline

Twin Rivers Media Festival, Asheville, NC
FEBRUARY 26, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline

All Sports Los Angeles Film Festival, Los Angeles, CA
FEBRUARY 27, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline

Cannes Independent Film Festival, Cannes, FRANCE
FEBRUARY 27, 2010 - Late Deadline

NEVADA FILM FESTIVAL, Las Vegas, NV
FEBRUARY 27, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline

NYC PictureStart Film Festival, New York, NY
FEBRUARY 27, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline

Astoria/LIC International Film Festival, Long Island City, NY
MARCH 01, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline

British Horror Film Festival, Poole, UNITED KINGDOM
MARCH 01, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline

Hollywood Cinema Film Festival, Hollywood, CA
MARCH 01, 2010 - Late Deadline
MARCH 08, 2010 - WAB Extended Deadline
MARCH 15, 2010 - Extended Extended Deadline

Nantucket Film Festival & Screenplay Competition, Nantucket, MA
MARCH 01, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline
MARCH 05, 2010 - Regular Deadline
MARCH 12, 2010 - Regular Deadline

Newport International Film Festival - Wales, Broadstone, UNITED KINGDOM
MARCH 01, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline

Swansea Bay Film Festival, Swansea, UNITED KINGDOM
MARCH 01, 2010 - Late Deadline

Ventura Film Festival, Ventura, CA
MARCH 01, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline

Woods Hole Film Festival, Woods Hole, MA
MARCH 01, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline

Appalachian Film Festival, Huntington, WV
MARCH 03, 2010 - Regular Deadline
MARCH 08, 2010 - Late Deadline
MARCH 15, 2010 - WAB Extended Deadline

Long Island International Film Expo, Bellmore, NY
MARCH 03, 2010 - Regular Deadline
MARCH 16, 2010 - Late Deadline

Los Angeles Comedy Festival, Los Angeles, CA
MARCH 05, 2010 - Late Deadline

London Independent Film Festival, London, UNITED KINGDOM
MARCH 06, 2010 - Late Deadline
MARCH 13, 2010 - WAB Extended Deadline

The Los Angeles Reel Film Festival, Los Angeles, CA
MARCH 08, 2010 - Earlybird Deadline

Amsterdam Film Festival, Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
MARCH 14, 2010 - WAB Extended Deadline

San Francisco Black Film Festival, San Francisco, CA
MARCH 15, 2010 - Regular Deadline

Take advantage of the exciting opps presented here, and submit your work today. Don't forget: you can also always find current opps in the "Call for Scripts" dropdown menu on your Withoutabox Account Home, or by running a search of our fests for screenplay categories. Explore all of the exciting possibilities that await you!

Happywriting,
Withoutabox.

© Copyright 2000 - 2010 IMDb Inc. | Log-In | Need Help? | Forgot Password? | Set Email Preferences
If you have received this e-mail in error, notify our fraud department at abuse at withoutabox.com and we will promptly look into the matter.
Please do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact customer support or have a general question, please email support at withoutabox.com

Robin Russin

Associate Professor & Graduate Advisor