[CW-Grad] TWO DAYS LEFT TO APPLY: Summer Session Teaching Assistantship in Theatre

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Mon Feb 8 11:01:19 PST 2010

YO-- Summer job here, still no takers?

On Jan 31, 2010, at 6:36 PM, Robin Russin wrote:

Please note: the Theatre department MUST be notified of your interest (please submit supporting material) by Feb. 10 at the absolute latest. The position is not limited to THEA majors, but experience in the area of film will be important.

This is a bit unusual in that once we identify a candidate, we will be "recommending" them for the position, but know that we cannot offer employment, as all Summer Sessions work is offered and paid by Summer Sessions, so we'll forward the candidate's info.

Please email your materials to:

Professor Robin Russin, Grad Advisor
Dept. of Theatre

robin.russin at ucr.edu

QUESTIONS:   Contact THEA 157 Professor Keun-Pyo Park, who will be teaching the class, at

rootpark at ucr.edu

OPEN CALL FOR UCR DEPARTMENT OF THEATRE
SUMMER TEACHING ASSISTANTSHIP – SESSION I

The Department of Theatre intends to offer “THEA 157: Editing the Narrative” during Summer Sessions 2010. This course will require a TA to assist. The course is contingent on Extension approval and (importantly) on enrollment, so neither the course nor the TAship is guaranteed. The (50%) TA salary for the single 5-week session is $2,521.

JOB DUTIES: One TA will supervise 8-hours of Lab per week, with the set hours of T/W/R/F from 1:10 – 3:00 p.m., June 22 – July 23, 2010. The course is intended to explore and develop editing skills necessary in film, utilizing Final Cut Pro editing software. Experience using Final Cut Pro is preferred, but not required.

HOW TO APPLY: To be eligible, you must currently be an enrolled graduate student (incoming students and June 2010 graduates are ineligible). Your application will consist of a Cover Letter and CV, and must be received by Thursday, Feb. 11, at Noon.

<THEA 157_TA position.doc>

Robin Russin

Associate Professor & Graduate Advisor
robin.russin at ucr.edu