[CW-Grad] Tia Chucha's Centro Cultural's Book Drive

Iuripilli X iuripilli at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 17:23:46 PDT 2010

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Silverio Pelayo <silentbutdefiant at gmail.com>
To: elusivemindsprod <elusivemindsprod at yahoo.com>; yumagana at yahoo.com; origins_of_a_star at yahoo.com; ceja.karina at gmail.com; susana morales <aztlanagogo at gmail.com>; Leah <lgallegos13 at yahoo.com>; Linda Joanna Salinas <jo.salinas at gmail.com>; walkingonawire02 at yahoo.com; chonsy23 at yahoo.com; floresitta at aol.com
Cc: nefariousx at hotmail.com; Angelique Agloro <afagloro at berkeley.edu>; anntorre29 at yahoo.com; david at youthunited.net; Brian Pacheco Corleto <bspacheco at gmail.com>; callistar9 at aol.com; ocelotl.mitotiani at gmail.com; xferx at ucla.edu; iuripilli at yahoo.com; jacinchavez at yahoo.com; xicanoconciente at yahoo.com; guavarte at gmail.com; mireinstars at yahoo.com; Johnny Phung <defsol at gmail.com>; m.zamora077 at gmail.com; msanvicente at ucla.edu; s.valdez0517 at gmail.com; jokerfish44 at hotmail.com; walterplittle at gmail.com; Anna <avilchis1987 at sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Wed, April 14, 2010 1:31:55 PM
Subject: Tia Chucha's Centro Cultural's Book Drive

Q'vole everyone,

Hope everyone is doing good and having a blessed day. This year i'm fortunate to once again be working with Tia Chucha's Centro Cultural on the 5th annual Celebrating Words Festival (CWF) to be held on Saturday, May 19th from 1-7pm @ LA Mission College. The festival is put on each year with the purpose of promoting literacy & the arts in the San Fernando Valley & greater Los Angeles area. The festival will consist of musical performances, spoken word/poetry, vendors, as well as community orgs. Like the previous year we would like to provide free books to the community in the effort to meet our objective of promoting literacy. In an effort to acquire books we are having a community book drive and so I wanted to ask for your support.

You can support our efforts through a variety of ways:

	1. donate books

	2. forward this email & pass the word to friends, family, & ppl that might have access to books (teachers, librarians, college students etc..)

	3. volunteer @ CWF
	4. $If you have books to donate you can drop them off @ Tia Chucha's (13197-A Gladstone Ave.
Sylmar, CA 91342 ) or you can give them to me. I will also be working on acquiring drop sites in the central la area. If you'd like to support in any of the other ways you can also hit me up.

Peace,
Silverio Pelayo