[Cwgrad-announcements] Polyphony HS lking for published/successful writers to "blurb" high school writers

Ching-In Chen chinginchen at gmail.com
Mon May 25 16:35:08 PDT 2009

Hi all:

I was solicited by my friend for this and thought some of you may be
willing.  Seems like a great organization!  They're still looking for
writers, but the blurb deadline would be 6/1.

Ching-In

Hi! My friend Billy Lombardo is in charge of this fantastic high-school
student run literary journal. In each issue, he looks for
published/successful writers to "blurb" each of the student pieces. He is
currently needing a few more poets for the next issue, and I am writing
because I thought you might be interested in participating in this neat
project.
Thanks,
Kathie Bergquist / WCFBooks

----------------------------
Polyphony H.S. is a student-run, national literary magazine for high school
writers and editors.

Dear Poets and Writers

My dream for the upcoming issue of Polyphony H.S., is to have every piece
accepted for publication (28 poems, 9 pieces of creative nonfiction, and 16
pieces of fiction) read and blurbed by an accomplished author.

I am emailing you today to ask if you would consider blurbing a single piece
of writing. It needn’t be anything more than 2 or 3 sentences about the
piece you read. They are all, even the fiction, relatively short pieces.

Can you imagine if a thing like this existed when you were in high school?

Your name and a short list of your most recent work will accompany each
published piece.

Email me at billylombardo at comcast.net and let me know if you’d like me to
send you a piece for a blurb, and whether it should be poetry, fiction, or
creative nonfiction. I will email the piece immediately. If you send me your
address, you will also get a copy of PHS Volume V, which will be gorgeous.

best,

billy lombardo

artistic director of polyphony h.s.

billylombardo at comcast.net