[Cwgrad-announcements] One-Act Playwriting class will be added for Fall 2009

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Fri Jun 5 19:42:54 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone--

We're adding a THEA 264 that I will teach, focusing on one-act plays
(at least two, more if you're working in ten-minute form). This is to
help those of you who want to enter work in Playworks next year, or
create work that can be submitted to the many one-act opportunities
that exist around the country.

I will also consider working with those who want to write and polish
the first acts of full-length plays, with the idea again that they may
be staged in the spring Playworks; however, that is the not main
emphasis of the class.

I'm not sure when yet, but will keep you informed. It may be Thursday
evening, but will need to consult with our staff to set the day and
time. it will then go up on GROWL, probably next week some time.

Also, in Winter I plan to teach a Graphic Novel class under the 252J
listing, the "Theory and Craft" listing. The only reason this might
not pan out is if, in the event of severe budget cuts, I have to cover
a required class in the undergraduate program. However, that's the
plan right now.

In addition, for those of you who don't realize this, you can take the
THEA 167 (TV writing) class with Stu Krieger for graduate credit (I
think as a 290 workshop credit--I think).

Associate Professor & Acting Chair
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"If I look confused it's because I'm thinking." -- Samuel Goldwyn