[Cwgrad-announcements] Three Great Lines From Last Night's Colloquium

Holly Gaglio holly.gaglio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 09:48:22 PST 2009

"dirty, dirty
bird lying on its back -- only robin still enough
to palm in hand -- and to think this maybe
closest I'll ever come to touching dinosaurs --
makes me inconsolably lonely --"

-- Nicelle Hughes Davis, "Womanhood" from *Me, Apollo, and Everyone Else who
ever wanted to be a Rock Star*

"I'd follow my nature
and plan not a funeral
but a celebration

No end to desserts
tables lined! Every creampuff
trifle, torte, and brulée
 better to me, since I didn't bake"

-- Angela Thomson-Brenchley, excerpts from "In Memoriam of Myself"

"They met in the classic I like your ass, I liked your head kinda way."
-- Brenda Varda, "ii." from "Seven Scenarios on Liquid Love"

*No Colloquium next week, February 3rd. Enjoy Writers Week!
**Colloquium February 10th,* *Aviva Kasowski. *Two reader spots currently
available.*
****Now Accepting:** Colloquium February 10th, three people to give
introductions*.