[Cwgrad-announcements] Three Great Lines From Last Night's Colloquium

Holly Gaglio holly.gaglio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 11:58:48 PST 2009

"Until I am older, I will say that I don't know much about Greece, but I do
know a few things. I know that scuba diving is illegal because there are
undiscovered treasures off the coast that the government cannot afford to
excavate. There is literally gold everywhere, in the mountains, in the air,
in the water, underneath the bluest blue, and if you merely dive down deep
enough, you can reach out your hand and bring some back with you - to
wherever you came from or to wherever you're going."
-- Eva Konstantopoulos, Excerpt from her novel

"Erosion only reveals the beautiful shape of lost things . . ."
-- Ching-In Chen, "The Fast"

"But she exploded when he, half jokingly, had replaced her birth control
pills with mint Tic Tacs."
-- Vanessa Hua, Excerpt from an untitled short story

**Next Week, January 27th: Angela Thomson-Brenchley, Brenda Varda, and a
surprise guest