[Cwgrad-announcements] JANE CHAMBERS AWARD - Last Call for Submissions, 2008 Winners & More!

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 10 16:16:44 PST 2009

JANE CHAMBERS AWARD - Last Call for Submissions, 2008 Winners & More!

This is an excellent opportunity!

Erith Jaffe-Berg, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
erithj at ucr.edu

From: Erith Jaffe <eandaberg at hotmail.com>
Date: February 10, 2009 3:57:48 PM PST
To: <erithj at ucr.edu>
Subject: FW: JANE CHAMBERS AWARD - Last Call for Submissions, 2008
Winners & More!

 > Dear All,
 > Here is our LAST CALL for submissions to the JANE CHAMBERS FEMINIST
PLAYWRITING CONTEST 2009.

by Feb 15! The app form is on WTP website <http://www.athe.org/wtp/html/chambers.html
 >. No app fee this year. Details below... Go to website to apply.
 > Thanks!
 > Maya
 >
 > JANE CHAMBERS 2009 SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
 >
 > The Women & Theatre Program of the Association for Theatre in
Higher Education invites submissions from female playwrights for the
annual Jane Chambers Award, now in its MM Year.

 > The Jane Chambers Playwriting Award recognizes plays & performance
texts created by women that present a feminist perspective & contain
significant opportunities for female performers. Experimentation in
form and subject matter are welcome. This annual award is given in
memory of lesbian playwright Jane Chambers who, through her plays such
as A LATE SNOW, MY BLUE HEAVEN, KUDZU, & THE QUINTESSENTIAL IMAGE,
became a major feminist voice in American theatre.

 > The Award for the primary Jane Chambers Contest consists of $500,
free registration to attend the Association in Theater in Higher
Education’s conference in NYC & a rehearsed reading of the winning
piece at that conference this summer, hosted by WTP with ATHE. The
winner should attend the conference’s awards ceremony. The student
winner is also recognized, and receives a reading at WTP's Conference.

 > To enter, please send three copies of a typed script, application
form from WTP website, resume, brief description of the piece, and
your email contact information. Please, only one submission per
applicant, and no email submissions. The play may not yet be
published. For the main division, mail submission to:

 > Jane Chambers Award
 > c/o Maya Roth
 > Dept of Performing Arts
 > 108 Davis Center, Box 571063
 > Georgetown University
 > Washington, DC 20009
 >
 > NB: For the Student Award, mail to Jen-Scott Mobley, using the app
form and contact info provided on WTP site.

 > All entries MUST be postmarked by February 15, 2009.
 > The Women & Theatre Program will announce the winner by June 30,
2009.

 > Spread the word!!!
 > And... Please consider a donation to the Jane Chambers Award: we
need your goodwill and generosity. Circulate news of recent winners,
including Mary Dailey for her savvy feminist history play MMM and MMM
who won in 2008. And kudos to our 2007 winner, Christine Evans, whose
TROJAN BARBIE is premiering at ART this spring!

 > Best Regards to All,
 >
 > Maya E. Roth, Ph.D.
 > Asst Professor of Theater & Performance Studies, Georgetown
 > Co-Coordinator, Jane Chambers Contest, WTP of ATHE

Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. See how
it works.

Robin Russin
Associate Professor & Acting Chair
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"If I look confused it's because I'm thinking." -- Samuel Goldwyn