[Cwgrad-announcements] One of tomorrow's Writers Week guests, Mark Jenkins

rrussin at ucr.edu rrussin at ucr.edu
Mon Feb 2 22:30:27 PST 2009

Hi all:

I will not be at colloquium because I'll be introducing my friend, Mark Jenkins, who will be reading at 5:00. In fact, if it makes sense to you, let's push colloquium back an hour; I will open the room then and see who shows up.

I strongly urge you all to come and meet Mark. He is a true world adventurer, who has written numerous articles and books about his travels. He has climbed Himalayan mountains, canoed down the Niger River, bicycled across Siberia, risked his life trying to bring back stories from Myanmar, and recently as a writer for National Geographic was in Africa covering the effects of war on the mountain gorilla population. Not only that, but he can do more pull-ups than almost any human alive.

Robin Russin
Associate Professor & Acting Chair
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"If I look confused it's because I'm thinking." -- Samuel Goldwyn