[Cwgrad-announcements] Reminder: sign up for Colloquium

rrussin at ucr.edu rrussin at ucr.edu
Wed Sep 17 15:32:18 PDT 2008

Hey all--

Colloquium, which is your chance to read and share your work with your MFA colleagues, is still under-subscribed.

It's an informal, S/NS class, but it still needs enrollment or it will be canceled. It is a cross-listed THEA/CW class, all are welcome. I am the nominal professor, but it's not an instructional class.

The point is to give you an opportunity to practice reading in front of an audience and to engage in a conversation about your work afterward, as you might in a bookstore or other event, as well as for someone to introduce the person who is giving the reading. There's usually time for three readers (along with introductions); playwrights and screenwriters can ask actors to do scenes, as well.

I am also looking for a volunteer to create and distribute a schedule for who will be reading each week, along with who will be introducing them. Brian Oglesby did a great job last year. I will try on my end to get faculty to show up as well.

But again, this is for you, and if no one signs up, it will not happen.

THEA 280  WRITERS' COLLOQUIUM
Units: 1
Tuesday	06:30 p.m. - 08:30 p.m.

Robin Russin
Associate Professor, Screenwriting
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"I had a monumental idea this morning, but I didn't like it." -- Samuel Goldwyn