[Cwgrad-announcements] young girls/women & gender-non-conforming folks of color anthology on gender & war/free online writing workshop

Ching-In Chen chinginchen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 08:53:01 PDT 2008

This is a project I am working on with a group of wonderful women of color
based in the Inland Empire -- feel free to pass on to anybody you think
would be interested.

Ching-In

*The ¡Ya Basta! Collective*

 *Call for Submissions**: Anthology on Gender, War and Militarism.*

 · The ¡Ya Basta! Collective is a group of women of color who are putting
together an anthology which gives voice to young women, girls, and non
gender conforming peoples of color.

· This anthology will be built around themes of war, violence, militarism.
We particularly welcome creative work which connects, and troubles, gender
binaries through an exploration of militarization, war and violence in our
times.

· We invite work that is resistant, hopeful and healing.

 All creative work including writing, poems, visual art work, cartoons,
sticker designs, stencils, etc. are welcome.

 Please send submissions and a short bio including contact information
(name, email, or the best way to contact you) in Word or PDF as well as
within the body of the text to: YaBastaCollective at gmail.com. Hard copies can
also be sent by mail to:  PO Box 55113, Riverside CA 92517 c/o ¡Ya Basta!
Collective.

*Deadline for Submission:September 15, 2008.*

*If you would like more information on the ¡Ya Basta! Collective please
contact: **YaBastaCollective at gmail.com* <YaBastaCollective at gmail.com>

 *Don't have anything to submit? *

The ¡Ya Basta! Collective will be holding free online writing workshops for
girls, women, and gender-non-conforming folks of color on war,
militarization and violence in conjunction with the themes of our anthology.

¡Ya Basta! Collective member Ching-In Chen will run the first four-week
workshop, starting August 26 and ending September 16, 2008. This will be a
group for those who want to jumpstart their writing and are in need of
inspiring prompts by writers from our community, open to those writing in
all genres and all ages. We especially encourage new and beginning writers!

Each week, writing prompts will be posted for the group (also open if the
members of the group have writing prompts/favorite pieces of writing to
share!).

Though this workshop is free, we ask that you only apply if you can commit
to the entire four-week session. (We hope to run more groups in the future.)
The minimum commitment each week would be to write one piece to share with
the group, to read our peers' posts and respond/give constructive feedback
to at least one of our peers' pieces. The workshop will be limited to no
more than 15 participants. To apply for the workshop, please send an
introduction (no more than one page) telling us who you are and why you are
interested in taking the workshop to *YaBastaCollective at gmail.com*

--
~~~~~
chingeze.livejournal.com