[Cwgrad-announcements] UCR/Beverly Hills Playhouse (and Skylight Theatre) meeting

rrussin at ucr.edu rrussin at ucr.edu
Sat Jan 19 09:27:01 PST 2008

Hi all--

Val has arranged a meeting with Gary Grossman in Bev Hills
next Monday, Jan 28 at 2:30, to follow up on our ten-minute
play reading at Skylight last year.

I will be there, and I strongly encourage anyone else who'd
like to be involved in this to attend.

I know we're all busy, but this could be a very important
ongoing LA connection for our theatre program.

Robin

>From Val:

Questions to pre-think about for our upcoming meeting with Gary:

1.When should the lab meet, Sat or Sun? Afternoon, evening?
2.How often, once monthly, twice monthly, etc?
3.Who should run it? Should there be one facilitator, teacher
or more?
4.Should we have a goal of having productions done?
5.If so, what kind? Ten minutes, one acts, full lengths? Who
should be involved UCR alumni, faculty, students (just MFA, or
should we add undergrads?) All to bring in work?
6.If we are going to do our first 10 min production, when, how?
7.And can students bring in another 10 minute piece for the
next lab along with re-writes from the first? (IE: I really
don't want to rewrite or use the  10 min I brought the first
time because it really needs to be completely re-imagined.)
8. If undergrads are invited to watch, how to really market to
them and get them to come!!!

Where:

Beverly Hills Playhouse.
254 S Robertson Blvd