[Cwgrad-announcements] A heads-up for next term's Shakespeare on Film class

rrussin at ucr.edu rrussin at ucr.edu
Mon Feb 25 11:35:48 PST 2008

Hi everyone--

This is going to be a wide-ranging class (to paraphrase
Falstaff, "Tackle Shakespeare on Film, and tackle all the
world...). Don't be daunted, but I do want to give you a look
at what plays we'll be discussing, at least in part, as well
as a list of some of the plays on film that are out there. You
should take some time between now and then to bone up on the
plays listed with which you're less familiar.

The issue of availability will obviously come up, but I will
try to find and put as many of these on reserve as I can.
Right now I think we'll have just one film screened per week
in the evening, and then you'll be required to see the rest on
your own at the Media library or wherever. Possible to do
double-features, but it can be exhausting.

Robin