[Cwgrad-announcements] Again: job for tech assistant (GSR) for Prof. Park

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue Dec 9 09:30:25 PST 2008

Kerby:

Thanks for this. Let's take this December break to continue this
conversation, either in person or by email, and come up with some
specifics we agree we'd like to accomplish, and then move toward
making them happen in a way that we can involve Marc after we have
plan, rather than deal with him in the planning stage. Obviously I
haven't been exposed to the overtones you have encountered with him;
no doubt this creates an atmosphere that is doubly upsetting. But the
point is to make of the department what we think it should be, and I
do think we can make some decisions which, once we work out the budget/
staff time logistics and limitations, we can simply implement.

So let's all start by detailing what exactly we would like to do, when
we see it happening during the year, and then figure out how to do it.
Then we can go to the staff with the revised season and/or use of the
studio facility. I will do my best these next couple of terms to fill
Eric's shoes by constantly asking him what the hell to do, and let's
see what we can come up with. I very much want to move both Playworks
and Califest and the new Hip-hop Center to the next level. It may be
that we change the way we do the season for a year, and see how that
works out; maybe just do one classic and devote the rest of the season
to new work in both areas.

I hope I am not one of the idiots, by the way.

Robin