[Cwgrad-announcements] (dis)junctions conference this friday and saturday!

kdurb001 at student.ucr.edu kdurb001 at student.ucr.edu
Mon Apr 7 15:24:33 PDT 2008

Dear friends and colleagues,

This friday marks the beginning of the 15th annual humanities conference at
UCR, (dis)junctions. Our department is not only one of the conference's
sponsors, but we creative writers have one of the first panels on friday morning.
This panel marks a new bridge between the English department and the
Creative Writing department, and I encourage you to come out and show your
support to your fellow writers, as well as to show the English department that
you support this union, which will hopefully continue next year.

The link to the conference website, where you can find the schedule as well as
information about the Keynote speaker Mark McGurl of UCLA and his talk on the
state of the novel post-Henry James, is here:

http://english.ucr.edu/gsea/disjunctions/

The CW panel is during Session One on Friday, at 11:00, and it's called "Writing
Across University Divides." Brenda Varda, Ching-In Chen, Alexis Vergalla, and I
will be presenting various creative/critical hybrid projects.

Hope to see you all there!

Kate