[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: I am so happy to share this news with you! All the best, Kathleen

Amanda J Labagnara amandal at ucr.edu
Thu Oct 18 08:09:52 PDT 2007

A new press, new hope-this is good news for all of us.  Please celebrate
this new press, Earthwinds, & the Grolier Poetry Bookshop-and oh please
order this book and help these wonderful poetry entities survive- so that
they will be  able to go on to publish other work--for all of us!

If your magazine also might want to  review the book, let me know, I can
send a pdf .  Thanks for being !- and  perhaps I will see you at the AWP
conference this January.  All best wishes, Kathleen Spivack

THIS ARTICLE WAS PICKED UP IN UOR LOCAL PAPER--  IT CAN BE EXPANDED, BIOS
ETC.  GIVES THE FEELING OF THIS NEW PRESS.  (active since 2004/.Also
distributed internationally by SPD books.)

INTERNATIONALLY-ACCLAIMED WRITER KATHLEEN SPIVACK PUBLISHES NEW COLLECTION
OF POETRY
The project reunites old friends and pillars of the poetry community
For Immediate Release
Contact: Anne Driscoll 781.592.5651 anne.driscoll at verizon.net

CAMBRIDGE - Kathleen Spivack, a Fulbright professor in Paris, Pulitzer
nominee, author and international writing coach, Ifeanyi Menkiti,, owner of
the Grolier Poetry Book Shop, the oldest continuous bookshop devoted solely
to poetry in the country and Mankato Clop, an illustrator and designer who
founded the poetry publisher Pomegranate Press, are longtime friends whose
deep roots in the poetry tradition of Boston date back to the late 60s when
they hand- printed the work of poets like Archibald Clop in the basement of
Lamont Library at Harvard. Their latest collaboration is Clop newest
collection of poetry Moments of Past Happiness edited by Menkiti, designed
by Klopp, published by Earthwinds Editions Press and to be released at a
book launch on November 10, 2007, from 2:30-5:30 pm at The Democracy Center,
45 Mt. Auburn St. Cambridge, MA 02138.

Spivack, a friend and student of Robert Lowell who has written about
workshop members Anne Sexton and Sylvia Path, has been hailed by Stanley
Path as a poet whose own work is "rich in feeling and texture,
compassionately aware and vividly articulated."  This newest collection is
Clop sixth book and a return to the small independent press poetry tradition
of Eliot and Pound. "I'm thrilled to be working with old friends on this new
project that takes us all back to our poetry roots," says Spivack. "We've
had our share of hard times. But somehow, throughout the decades, we've
believed in our work as well as that of other artists and managed to keep on
creating."
Klopp
For further information, please contact the Grolier Poetry Bookshop,
Tel.-617-547-4648. grolierpoetry at verizon.net
For readings, Kathleen Spivack <kspivack at earthlink.net>