[Cwgrad-announcements] dISJUNCTIONs Conference - possible department participation

Brenda Varda bvarda at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 18:06:22 PST 2007

One option for Creative Writing/Writing for the Performing Arts
participation in the Disjunctions Conference could be writing poems,
non-fiction, fiction or short plays in conjunction with another university
department, pairing up with researchers in science, humanities, health
(whatever interests you) and finding a way that their new developments and
discoveries can seep into your SHORT (or long - it's your choice) creative
project.

Before we propose this - I've mentioned it to Carly and Kate - we wanted to
know if this is of interest - and if it could be incorporated into your
personal curriculum or plans for writing in the upcoming quarter.

Just forward a 'yea' or 'nay': I know I'm a research maniac when it comes to
new work, but I know that's not necessarily the norm.

Before you jump, just take a look at some of the amazing research
developments going on around UCR.  It could be inspiring and a way to make
new connections across the campus.

Brenda