[Cwgrad-announcements] attention artists, poets, musicians.... call for submissions

Alexis Vergalla averg001 at student.ucr.edu
Mon Nov 5 15:10:01 PST 2007

  This is from my friend Sharon Van Etten.  She's an
  amazing musician, and I thought I'd forward her call
  for submissions:

  attention artists of all shapes and sizes

  i am working on a zine/magazine/book/cd
  compilation/an open ended collection of pieces from
  various artists in all formats and mediums...

  it's based around the idea supporting art therapy...

  for any one that has been through hard times and
  still creates art through their experiences in a
  positive way...

  if you have any ideas or pieces you would like to
  submit... please, i encourage you, get in touch with
  me...

  this is going to be a real positive thing and i
  would like as many people as possible to be
  involved.

  Everyone who submits gets free copies of the comp,
  can sell them for whatever they want, as long as
  they donate the money to a local cause of some
  sort... (ie. indie gallery, venue, shelter,
  label...) Possibilities are endless. We will even
  list in the comp where the proceeds are going.
  Exciting, right?

  please, be in touch.

  thank you. only love.

  sharon

  if you'd like to be a part of it, please email me
  (alexis.vergalla at gmail.com) and I can get you in
  touch with Sharon.

August now   apples have started
                               severing from the tree
over the deck  by night their dim impact
                                        thuds into dreams

-Adrienne Rich