[Cwgrad-announcements] English Seminars (building from Mary's post)

Vstulman at aol.com Vstulman at aol.com
Thu May 10 14:18:35 PDT 2007

I agree with much that has been said. I took a media studies class on
television with Toby Miller and Ellen Wartella last year, which was terrific! I've
presented two papers at conferences which were written in seminars. One paper
was written last year in Robin Russin's seminar on Film Noir (which counted as a
comp lit course.) It is also being published as part of UCLA's Center for the
Study of Women's e-scholarly depository/library. I wrote the other paper for
Richard Hornby in his Ibsen in Performance seminar last year. I just presented
that one at the Comparative Drama Conference in LA in March. That class was
particularly interesting because it involved acting and scholarly writing and
was shared with undergraduates.

I must respectfully disagree with the thumbs up on Susan Zeiger. I had some
issues with her and her subject matter. I subsequently dropped the class
quickly, but still there was some nasty fall out. If anyone would like more of my
perspective, I'll be happy to talk to you off list.
All best,
Val Stulman