[Cwgrad-announcements] re: paper presentation and more good news!!!

Vstulman at aol.com Vstulman at aol.com
Fri Jan 19 15:15:34 PST 2007

THANKS for all the well wishes regarding my paper presentation at the
upcoming UCLA Women's Studies Conference. The whole day looks interesting and is
FREE, except for parking!!!!!!!!!  I don't tend to announce stuff... ummm, not
trying to make a big deal, but since everyone seems interested-- GOOD NEWS for
fellow playwright ABBIE BOSWORTH and myself.

1. Abbie's play, Left Luggage is going into competition for the Nationals at
the Regional Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival in February, in
Utah (ugh cold.)
2. My play, The Booth, received meritorious recognition, and will be
performed (not for competition) at the same February festival, (ugh cold.) A road trip
is planned for all involved--

Also, I'm presenting another paper-- "Hedda Gabler: Monster or Heroine"
looking at Hedda Gabler through a Queer Theory lense-- at the upcoming
International Comparative Drama Conference, in March at Loyola Marymount University in
L.A. More on that later.
Val