[Cwgrad-announcements] TAships in the Creative Writing Department

Andrew Winer andrew.winer at ucr.edu
Sun Aug 5 20:47:40 PDT 2007

Dear Continuing Fiction/Poet/Nonfiction MFAs awaiting word on TAships:

I have heard from many, if not most of you regarding this coming year's TAships.  So far, we have no news, and will not have any until the Governor and the legislature agree on a budget (yes, it goes that high up, at least this year; we are working to make the TAships part of a permanent budget so that, in the future, grad students will not have to wait so long to hear if they will have a TAship).  All of us sympathize greatly with you, and understand that you need to know as soon as possible.

Best, and soon---
Andrew

Andrew Winer
Assistant Professor and Graduate Advisor
MFA Program in Creative Writing &
Writing for the Performing Arts
Department of Creative Writing
University of California