[Cwgrad-announcements] Fwd: Some News to Share (from Chris Abani).

Rebecca K. O'Connor rebecca at blueskywriting.com
Fri Apr 13 17:26:51 PDT 2007

Cograts Gaby!  That is beyond awesome!!

  _____

From: cwgrad-announcements-bounces at lists.ucr.edu
[mailto:cwgrad-announcements-bounces at lists.ucr.edu] On Behalf Of Charles
Whitney
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 4:38 PM
To: Abani Chris ; Christopher Buckley; Stephanie Hammer; Juan Felipe
Herrera; Jayme, Michael; dana.johnson at ucr.edu; Kronenfeld, Judy; Goldberry
Long; Lutz, Tom; Derek McKown; Jo Scott Coe; Simon, Maurya; Straight, Susan;
Winer Andrew; Yates, Dwight; chuck.whitney at ucr.edu; yvonneh at ucr.edu;
cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu
Subject: [Cwgrad-announcements] Fwd: Some News to Share (from Chris Abani).

Good for Maurya, great for Gabi!

Happy weekend to all.

cw

Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 19:31:38 -0400
From: "chris abani" <chris.abani at gmail.com>
To: "Charles Whitney" <chuck.whitney at ucr.edu>
Subject: Some News to Share

Chuck,

I have some news that it would be nice to announce to the
department/college:

Our own Maurya Simon wrote the introduction to the Black Goat Book -
Automechanic's Daughter by Karen Harryman which will be out this September
(2007)

see: http://www.chrisabani.com/Black_Goat/Black_Goat.htm

Black Goat has also signed up UCR MFA student Gabriela Jauregi's book -
Controlled Decay - which is slated for publication in Spring 2008.

Thought you might want to share

Chris

D. Charles Whitney, Professor and Chair, Creative Writing; Professor of
Sociology
Department of Creative Writing, 1607 HMNSS
University of California , 900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA  92521-0118 951.827.6076 / Fax 951.827.3619

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would
it? - Albert Einstein