[Cwgrad-announcements] Fwd: Some News to Share (from Chris Abani).

Charles Whitney chuck.whitney at ucr.edu
Fri Apr 13 16:38:13 PDT 2007

Good for Maurya, great for Gabi!

Happy weekend to all.

cw

>Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 19:31:38 -0400
>From: "chris abani" <chris.abani at gmail.com>
>To: "Charles Whitney" <chuck.whitney at ucr.edu>
>Subject: Some News to Share
>
>Chuck,
>
>I have some news that it would be nice to announce to the department/college:
>
>Our own Maurya Simon wrote the introduction to the Black Goat Book -
>Automechanic's Daughter by Karen Harryman which will be out this
>September (2007)
>
>see:
><http://www.chrisabani.com/Black_Goat/Black_Goat.htm>http://www.chrisabani.com/Black_Goat/Black_Goat.htm
>
>Black Goat has also signed up UCR MFA student Gabriela Jauregi's
>book - Controlled Decay - which is slated for publication in Spring 2008.
>
>Thought you might want to share
>
>Chris

D. Charles Whitney, Professor and Chair, Creative Writing; Professor
of Sociology
Department of Creative Writing, 1607 HMNSS
University of California , 900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA  92521-0118 951.827.6076 / Fax 951.827.3619

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called
research, would it? - Albert Einstein