[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: Aloud at Central Library

Amanda J Labagnara amandal at ucr.edu
Fri Oct 27 13:11:20 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Maurya Simon [mailto:maurya.simon at ucr.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 12:42 PM
To: Amanda J Labagnara
Subject: Aloud at Central Library

Amanda,
Please forward to everyone.  Thanks, Maurya

The LIBRARY FOUNDATION OF LOS ANGELES
In association with the LOS ANGELES PUBLIC LIBRARY present

"ALOUD at Central Library"
Lectures, Readings, Performances & Discussions

Thu, Nov 16, 7 PM
Bill Morgan, I Celebrate Myself: The Somewhat Private Life of Allen Ginsberg

Lecture and Panel Discussion with Jason Shinder, editor, The Poem That
Changed America: "Howl" Fifty Years Later; poet Eileen Myles; literary
critic Marjorie Perloff
Morgan's biography-the first since the poet's death in 1997 and the only one
to cover his entire life-celebrates one of America's most influential poets.
Join us for a discussion of Ginsberg's epic poem "Howl" on the 50th
anniversary of its publication.

Reservations
www.aloudla.org or (213) 228-7025
FREE.
CENTRAL LIBRARY * MARK TAPER AUDITORIUM
Fifth & Flower Streets, Downtown Los Angeles

All ALOUD at Central Library programs are general admission. We advise that
patrons arrive by 6:45PM for 7PM programs.  We reserve the right to refuse
admission to latecomers. For programs that are full, standby only: Standby
tickets will be available at the door, in person only, beginning one hour
prior to the program. Unclaimed reservations will be released to stand-by
patrons just before the program begins.

All programs are subject to change without advance notice.

A book signing follows most author programs. Books are available for
purchase on-site at the program, courtesy of the Library Store.

To Support the Los Angeles Public Library, call (213) 228-7500 or visit
www.lfla.org <http://www.lfla.org/> .

Parking:
524 S. Flower St. Garage
$1 until 8:45 p.m. with Los Angeles Public Library card validation.

Hours:
Mon. - Thurs. 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Fri. & Sat. 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sun. 1 - 5 p.m.