[Cwgrad-announcements] please help

kdurb001 at student.ucr.edu kdurb001 at student.ucr.edu
Wed Nov 8 23:23:40 PST 2006

By the way, if I might respond to your response to Carly, Courtney. I agree that is
ideal if a student can approach a professor and ask them personally about the
courses they are teaching. However, with the various hectic schedules of our
professors (some of whom are not even teaching graduate classes each quarter, or
may be on sabbatical), it's highly impractical and may even be a tad awkward for
someone who is new to the program and doesn't know all the professors
personally (and would take a ridiculous amount of time to survey every professor's
upcoming schedule, taking into consideration that the student would have to
locate each and every professor). So while I think it's a nice idea, logistically it's a
tad problematic.

Kate