[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: News from Claudia Keelan and Interim

Amanda J Labagnara amandal at ucr.edu
Thu Dec 7 08:41:21 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: interim5011 at gmail.com [mailto:interim5011 at gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Interim 5011
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 12:36 PM
To: claudiakeelan at interimmag.org
Subject: News from Claudia Keelan and Interim

Claudia Keelan, Editor
Interim
The University of Nevada,
English Department
Box 5011,
LV NV 89154-5011
claudiakeelan at interimmag.org
(702)895-3333

DEC 2006

dear Friends,

Greetings from Las Vegas.  I'm writing to let you know that Interim, the
journal I edit at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas now has a website
where you can order your subscription today. The address is
<http://www.interimmag.org/> www.interimmag.org

An annual publication, each issue of Interim features work by emerging
writers, as well as poems, essays and reviews by many poets writing today,
including John Ashbery, Liz Waldner, Alice Notley, Paul Hoover, Cole
Swensen, John Yau, and many others. Some of the issues have been devoted to
themes, such as terror, futurity, the ethics of practice, etc. All of the
issues have a "special feature" section which highlights the work of
individual authors such as Martha Ronk and Brenda Hillman. The last issue
was a special issue devoted to the life and work of Alice Notley.
Subscriptions are $12 for the current issue, $10 for past issues, or 3 or
more for $5. Honestly, prices are negotiable! What can you afford? All of
the past issues are described in the "past issues" link.

While you're visiting the Interim website, please make sure to check out the
link which accesses the pod casts of The New West Writer Series
http://www.podcast.net/show/26546

The New West Writers Series is a reading and lecture series sponsored by
Interim, the Black Mountain Institute and the Nevada Humanities Committee.
The participants in our series speak to topics central to the humanities, in
addition to reading from their own work. Last year's topic was "becoming
human," and this year's is power, i.e. what is it, and how does it manifest
itself in a life and work devoted to artistic practice?  The responses have
been various and entertaining. Speakers have included art critic and
Macarthur fellow Dave Hickey; poet and novelist Maxine Chernoff; National
Book Award winner Jean Valentine, Donald Revell, Gillian Conoley, Karen
Brennan, etc. This year's speakers are poets Joseph Lease, D.A. Powell,
Nathaniel Mackey, and Anne Waldman.

For those of you who teach: please check out, and direct interested students
to the link which describes UNLV's writing program.

I hope you will subscribe, and/or buy birthday and holiday subscriptions for
friends.

Please know I'm always interested in new work by all of you. I send all best
and love.

Claudia Keelan
Editor, Interim