[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: Tournees French Film Festival - pls forward

cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu
Mon Apr 17 08:08:19 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Michelle Bloom [mailto:mebloom at ucr.edu]
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2006 4:34 PM
To: sandy.schauer at ucr.edu; tina.feldmann at ucr.edu; vonnie.tessier at ucr.edu; connie.young at ucr.edu; Kevin.Donahugh at ucr.edu; amanda.labagnara at ucr.edu; Tala.Martinez at ucr.edu; kris.king at ucr.edu
Subject: Tournees French Film Festival - pls forward

Could you please be so kind as to forward the following image and attachment
to the faculty and graduate students in your departments? I've also included a
text version below, in case there are problems transmitting the attachments.

Dear Colleagues,

I'm pleased to announce that UCR's French Program is going to present a series
of 5 Contemporary French Films (35mm, NOT DVD) by Women

Directors on Tuesday evenings (7:30pm) throughout the month of May at  the
Metropolitan University Village Theatres.  Tickets will run $7 for adults and $5
for students/seniors with ID and will be available

at the door.  Please see the schedule of films below.  Additional information,
particularly individual film information, will follow at least a week before each
screening, but I wanted to start getting the word out.  Please note that

several of the films that we are showing are bi-cultural/cross-cultural (as
indicated in parentheses following the title), so may interest a cross-section of
moviegoers, not just French film enthusiasts...

May 2, Delphine Gleize's "Carnages" (France & Spain)

May 9, Claire Denis's "The Intruder"

May 11, Lecture on "The Intruder" by Janet Bergstrom, Associate

Professor, UCLA School of Film & Television, 5:10pm at UCR, location TBA

May 16, Valeria Bruni Tedeschi's "It's Easier for a Camel" (France &

Italy)

May 23, Julie Bertuccelli's "Since Otar Left" (France & Georgia)

May 30, Catherine Breillat's "Sex is Comedy"

Sponsored by the French American Cultural Exchange Service (FACE) and

UCR's Departments of Comparative Literature and Foreign Languages,

Hispanic Studies and Women Studies, as well as the Program in Film

and Visual Culture

We hope to see you next month,
Best, Michelle Bloom
Associate Professor