[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: Nimrod/Hardman Writing Awards

cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu
Mon Apr 3 08:20:07 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Maurya Simon [mailto:maurya.simon at ucr.edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:18 PM
To: Amanda Labagnara
Subject: Fwd: Nimrod/Hardman Writing Awards

Hi Amanda,

Please forward this email to everyone.  Thanks, Maurya

To: "nimrod at utulsa.edu ()" <nimrod at utulsa.edu>
Subject: Nimrod/Hardman Writing Awards
From: Francine Ringold <francine-ringold at utulsa.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:44:17 -0600

Dear Writer,
 It's time to enter the Nimrod/Hardman Awards competition for two annual
awards given by Nimrod International Journal, deadline April 30, 2006.
The Katherine Anne Porter Prize for Fiction and The Pablo Neruda Prize
for Poetry offer first prizes of $2,000 and second prizes of $1,000,
along with publication of the winning stories and poems, and a trip to
Tulsa to receive the awards and take part in our annual writing
workshop.  Past winners include Sue Monk Kidd, Kate Small, Diane Glancy,
Steve Lautermilch, Ellen Bass, Thomas Gough, Ruth Schwartz, and Sarah
Flygare.  Past judges for the Awards include Marvin Bell, Mark Doty,
Janette Turner Hospital, Stanley Kunitz, W. S. Merwin, Pattiann Rogers,
William Stafford, Ron Carlson, Edward Hirsch, and John Edgar Wideman.

I have included the Awards rules in this e-mail.  Please contact us if
you have any questions, or visit our website-www.utulsa.edu/nimrod-to
learn more about Nimrod.  Also, feel free to share this information with
any writing friends or groups.  I hope to see your submission soon!

Best,

Eilis O'Neal
Managing Editor
Nimrod International Journal

The 28th Nimrod/Hardman Awards
The Katherine Anne Porter Prize for Fiction &
The Pablo Neruda Prize for Poetry

FIRST PLACE: $2,000 AND PUBLICATION
SECOND PLACE: $1,000 AND PUBLICATION

Contest Rules

Postmark Deadline: APRIL 30, 2006

Poetry: 3-10 pages. One long poem or several poems.

Fiction: 7,500 words maximum.

No previously published works or works accepted for publication
elsewhere.  Author's name must not appear on the manuscript.  Include a
cover sheet containing major title and subtitles, author's name, full
address, phone, e-mail & fax numbers.  "Contest Entry" should be clearly
indicated on both the outer envelope and the cover sheet.  Manuscripts
will not be returned.  Nimrod retains the right to publish any
submission.  Include SASE for results only.  If no SASE is sent, no
contest results will be sent; however, the results will be posted on
Nimrod's web site.

Entry/Subscription Fee: $20 includes a one-year subscription.  Make
checks payable to:

NIMROD
Literary Contest--Fiction or Poetry
The University of Tulsa, 600 S. College
Tulsa, OK  74104
(918) 631-3080
www.utulsa.edu/nimrod
nimrod at utulsa.edu

*If you do not wish to receive notification of Nimrod events, please

Maurya Simon

Professor
Department of Creative Writing
University of California Riverside