[Corebotanyfaculty] Visit from Terramer Bioplastics - looking for expertise in plant growth and development, biomass, and analytical analysis

Bpschair bpschair at ucr.edu
Wed Sep 13 13:07:12 PDT 2023

Hi all,  I have received a “needs list” from Terramer Bioplastics, that should give you an idea of what they are looking for.   The list is below.  Please let me know if you are interested in attending the meeting with them on Friday at 11.  It will be held in University Office Building, room 210.

  1.  Introduction of UCR skilled and experienced scientists familiar with biomass
  2.  Specialized laboratories with dedicated biomass processing and analytical equipment includes: HPLC with various detectors, HPACE-Pad, UHPLC, LC/QTOF MS, LC/ion trap MS, UV/Vis spectrometers, GC/FID, GC/quadrupole MS, and NIR spectrometers
  3.  Composition analysis of Hemp (hurd, bast)
  4.  Optimum composition for producing hemp bioplastics (Lignin, Cellulose and Hemicellulose)
  5.  The effect of growth factors like soil type, sun light exposure, humidity/moisture, growth speed and drying condition on Hemp specifications and polymer properties
  6.  Increasing the speed of growth without compromising the property of hemp
  7.  The effect of harvesting time on the property of hemp
  8.  Consistency ensuring
  9.  Best hemp stains for producing bioplastics

The visitors are:
Alex Mond<https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexmond-makamer/>; President, Terramer Bioplastics Technologies
Karen Lai Mond<https://www.linkedin.com/in/karen-lai-makamer/>;  Chief Financial Officer, Terramer Bioplastics Technologies
Ravi Bhatia<https://www.linkedin.com/in/ravbhatia/>; Principle, Chief Investment Officer, Verano Capital Partners