[Corebotanyfaculty] Looking for a BioPulverizer

Mariella V Torres mariella.valdivia at ucr.edu
Wed Jul 19 08:24:18 PDT 2023

Good morning,

Please see email below.

Contacts for responses are fatemehk at ucr.edu<mailto:fatemehk at ucr.edu> & bharanim at ucr.edu<mailto:bharanim at ucr.edu>

Thank you,
Mariella
--
Mariella J. Valdivia
Administrative Officer, Botany & Plant Sciences
2118 Batchelor Hall
University of California
Riverside, CA 92521-0124

Phone: (951)827-4619
Fax: (951)827-4437

In-person office hours:  Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday from 8am-4pm
Virtual office hours:  Wednesday & Friday from 8am-5pm

[signature_2338290814]<https://plantbiology.ucr.edu/>

Beginning of Forwarded Message
Hello All,

We are working on a project for which we have more than 100 frozen flesh/pulp of avocado fruits that we are planning to grind them into fine powder for RNA extraction and subsequent assays. They are too tough to be handled by a regular grinding in mortar and pestle or even the Geno Grinder. I was wondering if anyone has a Bio-Pulverizer in their lab so that we can possibly borrow and try/use it. We are hoping freeze-fracturing or cryo pulverization could break the tissue into fine powders.   Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

--
Best Regards!
Fatemeh Khodadadi