[Corebotanyfaculty] Batchelor cold room 2165

Bpschair bpschair at ucr.edu
Mon Jul 3 19:22:37 PDT 2023

Hi all,  I discovered the cold room (2165) overheating  this evening -  it was probably 85 degrees F.   I don’t know how long it had been that way.  I called Facilities and propped door open around 6:15. I just got a call from FS and they have repaired it.
There are a couple bins with avocados and several tubs with samples in plastic or foil (some, maybe all, are leaf samples), which may be not be salvageable.

Please check your samples.  And please make sure that everything you store in common spaces is labeled with your name, your PI’s name, and contact information.  That information is missing from most of the things stored there.

patty

Patricia Springer
Professor and Chair, Department of Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California
Riverside, CA  92521

pspringer at ucr.edu
bpschair at ucr.edu