[Corebotanyfaculty] New Staff and Staffing Updates for the Department

April Meinzer april.meinzer at ucr.edu
Thu Jan 12 16:22:50 PST 2023

Hello Everyone, and Happy New Year!

I am pleased to announce that Toni Van Buhler, was selected as the top candidate for our Travel Coordinator/Admin Asst and began her role yesterday with our department.  Please feel free to stop by to say, hello.

Toni comes to us with over 10 years of higher education experience working in a department setting.  She brings strong administrative support, analytical skills and exceptional customer service experience in working with faculty, staff and students.  We are quite excited to have her join our team.

At this time, Toni will be in training with Jackie to get familiar with all our policies and procedures for campus.  Once training has been completed, Jackie will then be fully transitioning over to her new appointment as a research administrator.  Many of you have already been working with her on your grant funds.  She is quite excited to take on this position and we feel she will excel in her new role.

While we are in the process of recruiting for a new procurement analyst, Stephen Prendergast will be assigned to this role in the interim.  He has graciously accepted this assignment to assist us, while we complete the recruitment process.  We hope to have this role filled by the start of February.

I would like to thank our whole team of staff in the department for lending a helping hand to each other with training and taking on extra duties, while we get the department fully staffed and trained.  I understand this is a challenging time, and truly appreciate everyone's effort in assisting to keep the department running efficiently.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me.  Thank you.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D92675.D20851D0]

April Meinzer
Financial Administrative Officer
Botany and Plant Sciences, #2106
Phone:  951-827-3839
Fax:        951-827-4437
april.meinzer at ucr.edu<mailto:april.meinzer at ucr.edu>

In-person office hours:  Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Virtual office hours:  Monday & Thursday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm