[Corebotanyfaculty] Academic planning

Bpschair bpschair at ucr.edu
Thu Apr 20 19:11:26 PDT 2023

Hi all,
I wanted to provide you the membership of the Academic Planning Committee, so you can send them any suggestions you have for position requests/rankings.

They are:
Philippe Rolshausen - co-Chair
Danelle Seymour - co-Chair
Meng Chen
Arthur Jia

The committee will be discussing our academic plan and recent hiring requests and recommend a plan for next year’s requests.  Our request is due in the Dean’s office 5/15, and we will discuss recommendations at the next faculty meeting May 1.
I’m attaching last year’s request. We are searching for the Community Ecologist now, that was our top-ranked position last year.

Our most recent academic plan is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wjNzbWH6-6pzfAhXAAl7laL5tOg8iG89/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108547712639255893478&rtpof=true&sd=true
Thanks to everyone who has provided comments.  Feel free to add additional comments or suggest edits. I will work to update the information, and add data about faculty teaching loads, grants, and publication impact, hopefully next week.

Thanks, patty

Patricia Springer
Professor and Chair, Department of Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California
Riverside, CA  92521

pspringer at ucr.edu<mailto:pspringer at ucr.edu>
bpschair at ucr.edu