[Corebotanyfaculty] The next BPSC dept chair

Bpschair bpschair at ucr.edu
Thu Feb 10 14:20:48 PST 2022

Hi everyone,
This is the end of my 2nd 3-yr term as Chair, and I am aware that Divisional Dean Kaloshian is scheduling meetings with you to discuss picking the next chair.
I have given quite a lot of thought to who the next chair might be, and if someone is eager to take on this role, I will happily step aside.  But given the turmoil in the college and campus, this will be an especially challenging time to pass the baton.  So, I am willing to continue as chair for one year more, if that is the desire of the department.

Please provide Div Dean Kaloshian with feedback on my performance, and of course, nominate others if you don’t want me to continue.  If I do continue, we will need to strategize about who the next chair will be, as I won’t continue for too much longer.

Patty

Patricia Springer
Professor and Chair, Department of Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California
Riverside, CA  92521

pspringer at ucr.edu
bpschair at ucr.edu