[Ccbseeds] SEEDS Winter Quarter BioBlitz & Updates

SEEDS at UCR theseedsucr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 21:27:12 PST 2021

Our Winter Quarter BioBlitz will be this Thursday, March 4th at noon to Saturday, March 6th at noon.

View this email in your browser (https://mailchi.mp/5285b6d884b9/seeds-winter-quarter-bioblitz-updates?e=51238ef4b3)
Winter Quarter BioBlitz
& Updates
Hey SEEDS members!

Our Winter Quarter BioBlitz will be this Thursday, March 4th at noon to Saturday, March 6th at noon. This event is virtual, and can be completed at any time within this timeframe!

A BioBlitz is an event where naturalists of all skill levels go out into nature to collect observations of as many species as possible. Since our BioBlitz is virtual, you can collect observations from any place you wish to explore!

To participate, create an account on iNaturalist if you do not already have one. Then, join the Winter 2021 SEEDS at UCR BioBlitz project (https://weebly.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f3d85f6e95688eb6979834f4c&id=de283cf821&e=51238ef4b3) . Any observations you upload within the the set timeframe will be included in the project. Amateur and professional naturalists in the iNaturalist community can then identify what you find. We can also identify each other's discoveries!

Tips for Using iNaturalist

• Always include at least one photo in each observation.
• Remember to include the location of the find – this is useful for species identification!
• You can obscure the location of your find if you wish.
• The iNaturalist software has automated species ID; you can keep this identification if you are not sure what you found.

Feel free to email us with any questions. Have fun, and stay safe while exploring!
Go to iNaturalist Project (https://weebly.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f3d85f6e95688eb6979834f4c&id=4443836cf9&e=51238ef4b3)
Call for volunteers: SEEDS Virtual Tabling Video

Since Highlander Orientation will be virtual this year, all clubs must produce a video to be used for Virtual Tabling. SEEDS does not have a video commercial yet. If you are interested in helping to produce a SEEDS Virtual Tabling video, please contact theseedsucr at gmail.com!

SEEDS Social Postponed to Spring Quarter

Due to upcoming finals, we have decided to postpone the SEEDS Social to the beginning of Spring Quarter. We hope to see you there!

New SEEDS Shared Google Drive

Instead of using a Google Drive Folder, SEEDS now has our own Shared Drive. All SEEDS members on the mailing list were added. If you were not added, please let us know!

Meeting Notes from 2/26 General Meeting

Meeting notes from our last General Meeting can be viewed here (https://weebly.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f3d85f6e95688eb6979834f4c&id=a3e4736f7d&e=51238ef4b3) .

** SEEDS at UCR Events Calendar (https://weebly.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f3d85f6e95688eb6979834f4c&id=2ea4cb306c&e=51238ef4b3)
** Instagram (https://weebly.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f3d85f6e95688eb6979834f4c&id=b9ba442279&e=51238ef4b3)
** Email (mailto:theseedsucr at gmail.com)
** Website (https://weebly.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f3d85f6e95688eb6979834f4c&id=f20f843cd2&e=51238ef4b3)

This email was sent to ccbseeds at lists.ucr.edu (mailto:ccbseeds at lists.ucr.edu)
why did I get this? (https://weebly.us1.list-manage.com/about?u=f3d85f6e95688eb6979834f4c&id=ea1ee9cfb3&e=51238ef4b3&c=a1173fb4c1)     unsubscribe from this list (https://weebly.us1.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=f3d85f6e95688eb6979834f4c&id=ea1ee9cfb3&e=51238ef4b3&c=a1173fb4c1)     update subscription preferences (https://weebly.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=f3d85f6e95688eb6979834f4c&id=ea1ee9cfb3&e=51238ef4b3&c=a1173fb4c1)
SEEDS at UCR . 900 University Ave . Riverside, CA 92521-9800 . USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp
http://www.mailchimp.com/email-referral/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral_marketing&aid=f3d85f6e95688eb6979834f4c&afl=1