[CaTEACH-SMI] Part-time Tutoring Jobs

Leslie Bushong leslie.bushong at ucr.edu
Wed Nov 19 11:48:00 PST 2008

After-school Tutor (Part Time)

About the Job:
A+ Grades Up is an approved Supplemental Educational Service (SES)
provider. We are looking to hire certified teachers to tutor small
groups (5-6 students at a time) in an after-school program.
Teachers/Tutors will be assigned to a school, or public library. and
will tutor elementary and middle school students after school. If you
have a preference for subject/grade level, we will do our best to
accommodate to your preferences.

A+ Grades Up uses a nationally normed test to pre-assess students
before beginning our program. We develop individualized goals and
lesson plans for each student, by breaking down their pre-assessment
scores. This means that teachers don't have to develop lesson plans
for students, A+ Grades Up DEVELOPS THEM FOR YOU!

Teachers/Tutors will receive paid training which will focus on
learning how to use our management information system (online
program), learning about our research-based curriculum, and learning
about our company's procedures.

Teachers/Tutors generally run 2 or 4 sessions per week, 1.5 hours per
session. Attempts to accommodate your schedule are also made.

Our instructors are required to have:
A Teaching Credential (substitute teachers or active employees of a
California public school district will be considered)
A Desire to help Students Succeed
Transportation to the school site
Strong classroom management skills
After school availability

Preferred skills:
Bilingual: English & Spanish

Tutors are needed for the following school districts:
Rialto USD, San Bernardino City USD, Chino Valley USD, Moreno Valley
USD, Santa Ana USD, Clark County SD (Las Vegas)

Paid training will be provided.
Tutoring will begin in mid- November/early-December.
Please apply now to reserve a position and train ASAP, by submitting
your resume to Denise.rodriguez at grades-up.com