[Bpsfaculty] Some good news

Bpschair bpschair at ucr.edu
Thu Sep 30 17:41:43 PDT 2021

Hi all,
I write with some good news.  The Plant Biology graduate program has been awarded a US Department of Education GAANN (Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need) grant for support of graduate students in the program.

I want to extend my thanks and congratulations to Thomas Eulgem, PI of the proposal.  Thomas stepped in on fairly short notice to lead this effort.  Others who contributed are Janet Franklin (co-PI), Tim Close, Arthur Jia, Amy Litt, Venu Reddy, Philippe Rolshausen, Jamie Van Norman, and Linda Walling.  I hope I am not forgetting anyone!

The award will provide ~$910,000 in support for our students over the next 3 years.  Thomas is working to get things up and running and will be in touch with information on how students can apply for funding.

Patty

Patricia Springer
Professor and Chair, Department of Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California
Riverside, CA  92521

pspringer at ucr.edu
bpschair at ucr.edu