[Bpsfaculty] [Critical Firmware Update] Stirling Ultracold SU780XLE

Jessica J Perez jessica.perez at ucr.edu
Wed Dec 9 16:46:41 PST 2020

Good Afternoon,

Please read the message below if you have a  Stirling Ultracold Freezer.

It is very important that firmware updates be completed on your Stirling Ultracold -80 freezer.
The most important firmware update (I03.3) is applied to the mainboard and corrects code that enables a "watchdog" function to prevent frozen display screens.  All freezers within the affected serial number range must have the IO3.3 update completed to ensure the display accurately reflects the interior cabinet temperature.

At the same time, our authorized technicians will be performing FW updates on the GUI, Control, and Inverter.
Every unit may not require these updates; but, the our techs will be able to verify from the ABOUT screen.
Once completed, the following FW versions should be displayed:

  *   GUI:1.2.7
  *   Ctrl: 1.40
  *   Inverter:1.37
  *   IO3.3:  This is not displayed on the ABOUT screen, but the technician receives a "completed successfully" signal from the programmer.

This visit WILL require the freezer to be powered down for less than 15 minutes of service but WILL NOT require samples to be removed from the freezer.  During this time, the freezer may warm up by 4 degrees.  If the freezer is set to -80°C, it may warmup to -76°C.

If you know other users with Stirling Ultracold freezers, please inform them of this critical firmware update.  They can reach out to myself or Emma at @System Updates<mailto:systemupdates at stirlingultracold.com>.

Thanks,

Steve Chandler
Director Global Services

STIRLING ULTRACOLD A Division of Global Cooling, Inc.
6000 Poston Road Athens, OH 45701, USA
Mobile: +1.817.253.7382