[Biomed_students_phd] Assistant hosts for symposium speakers

Pica Preston Pica.Preston at medsch.ucr.edu
Thu Oct 6 16:13:53 PDT 2022

Sent on behalf of Dr. Sika Zheng, Director-Center for RNA Biology and Medicine

Dear all,

We will launch the UCR Center for RNA Biology and Medicine with an inaugural symposium on Nov 4, 2022. There will be opportunities for students, postdocs, and junior scientists to network and learn from our prominent symposium speakers and their academic success.

Opportunity #1: Assistant hosts. Major responsibility: check in with a speaker regularly during the symposium. (optional) Drive a speaker from the Mission Inn to the symposium site.
Opportunity #2: Career panel during breakfast/lunch. Enjoy breakfast or lunch with a speaker and chat about career advice (and other science-related questions) in a casual manner. We will need sufficient interests to include this in the symposium program

To sign up, please fill out the following form by Oct 12. https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4N7LbLK3iOfLdYO<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4N7LbLK3iOfLdYO__;!!OLyWHuc!SHwYWOP3IjG5MaybuoeO1wcXKWdln1XIAmNcmrJS1cS9Nvo_3Bjf2XNWcQ6clBeD1D-ctBQ9vfcDTOnDlvXK8bqH0CM1$>.

If you have not registered for the symposium or submitted a poster (there will be poster awards), please visit https://rna.ucr.edu/inaugural-symposium<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/rna.ucr.edu/inaugural-symposium__;!!OLyWHuc!SHwYWOP3IjG5MaybuoeO1wcXKWdln1XIAmNcmrJS1cS9Nvo_3Bjf2XNWcQ6clBeD1D-ctBQ9vfcDTOnDlvXK8VdjQqzy$>
Registration is free but necessary to determine lunch order. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Look forward to seeing you all!

Best,

Sika Zheng, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of Biomedical Sciences
Director, Center for RNA Biology and Medicine
University of California Riverside
Office: 1-951-827-7670
Lab: 1-951-827-4525
Fax: 1-951-579-4118
Email: sikaz at ucr.edu<mailto:sikaz at ucr.edu>
Web: zhenglab.ucr.edu

All the best,
Pica
Pica Preston I BMSC Project Manager
UC Riverside Center for RNA Biology and Medicine
Email: pica.preston at medsch.ucr.edu<mailto:pica.preston at medsch.ucr.edu>
Website: https://rna.ucr.edu/
[cid:image001.png at 01D8D99E.A0226B20]
Hybrid work schedule as of January 2022: Available in-person on campus Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays 8:00AM-4:30PM. I will be available remotely on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00AM-4:30PM.