[Biomed_students_phd] FW: Stanford PRISM: Fall 2021 Applications Now Open!

Hermila Torres Hermila.Torres at medsch.ucr.edu
Fri Jul 9 11:53:58 PDT 2021

________________________________
From: stanfordprism <stanfordprism at stanford.edu<mailto:stanfordprism at stanford.edu>>
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 4:45 PM
To: stanfordprism <stanfordprism at stanford.edu<mailto:stanfordprism at stanford.edu>>
Subject: Stanford PRISM: Fall 2021 Applications Now Open!

[cid:ffc6a898-f72d-42a4-b6bf-b4a87799f09d]

Dear Colleagues,

We are thrilled to announce that the application is now open for our 8th PRISM Cohort!

Stanford PRISM is a recruitment opportunity for late-stage graduate students from diverse backgrounds to explore postdoctoral training at Stanford.

Please forward the attached flyer and the information here to your colleagues and/or any graduate students planning to complete their PhDs by December 2022. We look forward to connecting with anyone who might be interested in considering postdoctoral training at Stanford!

What is Stanford PRISM?
PRISM (Postdoctoral Recruitment Initiative in Science and Medicine) is an opportunity for select late-stage graduate students from broadly diverse backgrounds to explore postdoctoral training at Stanford. PRISM gives you direct support with support and initiatives such as: interviewing with potential mentors, getting the inside scoop on postdoctoral training at Stanford from current postdocs, and even accessing professional development to score the best postdoc match for them!

The purpose of this program is to encourage those who might not otherwise consider a postdoctoral position at Stanford to get a first-hand look at whether Stanford might be a good fit for them... Our goal is to match excellent trainees to excellent mentors at Stanford!

This opportunity is open to all. We especially encourage those from backgrounds underrepresented in academia to apply, including communities such as but not limited to: African Americans, Latinos, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, Filipinos, those with disabilities, those from FLI backgrounds, and those underrepresented on the basis of their gender identity, gender expression, and/or sexual orientation. Applications consist of an application form, a CV, a research statement, a recommendation from your graduate advisor, and the names of up to 6 potential mentors at Stanford.

For more information on our program and/or to apply, please visit our webpage at:
http://postdocs.stanford.edu/PRISM<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__postdocs.stanford.edu_PRISM&d=DwMFAw&c=LsLxleeqPm1pgCNn-PN_bQ&r=WbYfYnQz2yy5anEYWFB9TJXP-UEqDJbNc2uWAA83axM&m=xSAxHkfz_LN8QGTmfYFgUuEx6q6xwr4RFrEjbsowqGA&s=VGd0U7RhfLv8UQgFgq7svKVzw8hsSj5CsWZxfmTCzI0&e=>

Fall 2021 Dates for PRISM Cohort 8: October 13th-16th, 2021
(Deadline to Apply for Cohort 8 = July 26th, 2021!)

We hope to bring PRISM Cohort 8 to campus (in-person) for a 3-5-night stay on Stanford University's campus. The goal is for prospective postdocs to use that time to explore the training environment, meet with faculty, and get a feel for the community here at Stanford. Please Note: Travel will be dependent upon travel policies at that time... (If we are unable to host candidates in-person, a full complement of recruitment events will be offered virtually.)

We Look Forward To Connecting With You/Your Network Soon!
Robin S. & Antonio R.

Robin Colomb Sugiura

Director of Postdoctoral Training

Antonio D. Robinson

Recruitment & Engagement Program Manager

Contact Our Team via Email: stanfordprism at stanford.edu<mailto:stanfordprism at stanford.edu>

Office of Postdoctoral Affairs | postdocs.stanford.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__postdocs.stanford.edu_&d=DwMFAw&c=LsLxleeqPm1pgCNn-PN_bQ&r=WbYfYnQz2yy5anEYWFB9TJXP-UEqDJbNc2uWAA83axM&m=xSAxHkfz_LN8QGTmfYFgUuEx6q6xwr4RFrEjbsowqGA&s=DcerFfwZmeUFxEWO1KYTec5t7w_jw61Ml_20PYBuOIE&e=>

[cid:fae49500-5633-4ff6-8ced-c270a5342bfb]