[Bhoccupants] Batchelor Hall Renovation - Cold Room Space

Eric Focht eric.focht at ucr.edu
Mon Feb 28 08:49:26 PST 2022

Hello April,

We're using the first walk in off of the loading dock and currently through probably August or September we're storing about 15 gray bins of avocados on average in there...Although these are being provided to the department and Rpantry as give away fruit (for the most part we have already collected data from them), if we did not have access to a cold room, we'd need to get rid of them much faster and I'm afraid a lot of the fruit wouldn't keep and would be wasted.

I'm providing about 200lbs of fruit to the Rpantry/week and it seems like it is about what they can handle on a regular basis, so it really would be great if I could have access to some sort of coldroom to continue doing this as a constant gradual dispersal, it does not need to be this specific coldroom, however, but it's easiest to load and unload if it is at least somewhere in the building or in a nearby outbuilding with easy vehicle access.

Eric