[Bgsa] Job Search info

Anne Jacobs ajaco005 at ucr.edu
Fri Jan 13 15:46:07 PST 2012

Hi all,

I know a lot of people wanted details about the ongoing job search for
a new Behavioral Ecologist to replace Marlene when she leaves.
Currently, the situation is this: the job announcement has been
approved and sent out to various journals, universities, and list
serves.  You can find a copy of it here:

http://www.biology.ucr.edu/jobs/Behavioral_Ecologist.pdf

The deadline for applications is February 3, and I probably won't have
any information until then about how many people have applied and when
we'll be having interviews.  My recollection from the last job search
is that once things got to the interview stage, anyone in the
department could look at application materials (i.e. CV, research and
teaching statements) by requesting them at the BNN office.  I'll see
if that's still the case this time and keep you guys posted.
Obviously we can't discuss individual applications unless the
committee decides to make them available to the whole department, but
I'll talk to Daphne and see if there are any general stats (number of
applicants, average number of publications per applicant, etc.) that
we can share.  If you have any questions about the process in general,
please let me know.

Anne Jacobs