[Bgsa] Science Fairs

Brian Gray briang at ucr.edu
Wed Jan 11 11:29:03 PST 2012

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to all those who volunteered their time at Bryant Elementary
School's Science Fair today! Your time and energy is much appreciated! If
you attended and would like photos, let us know.

Also, there is another science fair next Tuesday, January 17 at St.
Catherine's of Alexandria School in Riverside. If you're interested in
attending, see the message below and email Dr. Curras-Collazo at
margarita.curras at ucr.edu. If you do attend, please let one of us know how
much time you spend at this fair by emailing us (Bre: bharr002 at ucr.edu;
Brian: briang at ucr.edu).

Finally, the RUSD Science & Engineering Fair (our biggest science fair
event of the year) will take place on Feb 8 on campus at the Pentland Hills
Residence Halls. We'll discuss this briefly at the EEOBGSA meeting on
Friday.

Cheers,
Brian & Bre

*St. Catherine's of Alexandria School Science Fair Info
*Dear UCR Colleague:

I have been asked to identify graduate students and post docs interested in
serving as Science Fair judges at a local elementary/middle school. St
Catherine's of Alexandria school is holding a Science Fair on Tuesday,
January 17th between 8 am and 8 pm. Approximately 15-20 students or post
docs are needed to process ~120 projects from grades 6-8. These students
take science lab 3X per week and are highly motivated for science.

If you are interested in volunteering a minimum of 2-4 hrs please send me
your name, email address and phone number and what is your preferred
judging time. I will then send the science teacher, Mrs. Harrison, your
information and either she or I will schedule your judging. Please act
quickly so that we can organize the Science Fair judging efficiently.

Best wishes for the New Year,****

Margarita C. Curras-Collazo, Ph.D.
Graduate Advisor, Recruitment and Admissions
NRSC Graduate Program