[Bgsa] Thank you! RUSD Science Fair Updates

Brian Gray briang at ucr.edu
Thu Feb 23 20:31:38 PST 2012

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to all those who have helped at the recent science fairs,
including those at Riverside Unified School District and Perris Elementary
School District! And thanks to your generous donations, EEOBGSA was able to
sponsor six prizes at the RUSD science fair for students in grades K-8, the
most we've ever given out! Below is a list of the winning projects.
Finally, many thanks to our president, Anne Jacobs, for attending the (very
long) awards ceremony to hand out the EEOBGSA prizes.

Primary division (grades K-2):
1st place -  How Do Mini-Greenhouses Affect Stem Growth?
2nd place - Using Color

Elementary Division (grades 3-5):
1st place - The Birds' Activity at Dawn, Noon, and Dusk at Andulka Park
2nd place - Is the Water Too Cold?

Junior Division (grades 6-8):
1st place - Does Over-fertilization Help or Hurt Pond Snails?
2nd place - Angry Birdseed

Thank you once again! If you'e interested, all of the district winners from
grades 6-12 will be competing at the regional science fair in April. Bre
and I will send out information about judging opportunities as the date
approaches.

With Gratitude,
Brian

--