[Bgsa] Outreach opportunity and EEOB surveys

Brian Gray briang at ucr.edu
Tue Apr 24 21:17:41 PDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

Two important pieces of information in this message:

1) Del Norte Elementary School in Ontario (about 25-30 minutes from UCR)
has requested a presentation on any topic in the life sciences for their
4th grade classes. Potential topics could include adaptation, basic ecology
(food webs, ecosystem structure and function, predator/prey dynamics, etc),
photosynthesis, or similar topics appropriate for 4th graders.

Open dates include April 30, May 1, May 3-9, and May 14-17 - it's your
choice. If you're interested in helping this school out by presenting, let
Bre and/or I know as soon as possible so we can put you in touch with the
appropriate people. She and I are both unable to attend this event since we
have prior commitments, including a visit to another school during one of
the open periods, but we can give you useful materials (such as the
California State Science Standards) or suggestions for lessons if you'd
like.

2) We have received very few surveys back. Please take a few minutes to
complete the survey found at
http://ucrbsgsac.wufoo.com/forms/eeobgsa-award-survey/. This information
will help us craft a competitive application on behalf of EEOBGSA for the
Student Life Student Organization Awards. Earning one of these awards is
more than just a feather in our collective cap - such awards help our
faculty apply for competitive grants like the GAANN, which provide funding
to support a number of graduate students. We need your responses by this
Friday, April 27 at 5pm in order to have time to complete an application.
Many thanks to those who have already completed surveys!

As always, thank you for your time, energy, and continued dedication to
outreach!

Cheers,
Brian and Bre

--
*Brian Gray *| PhD Candidate | Program in Evolution, Ecology, and
Organismal Biology