[Bgsa] S & M Journal Club

Matthew Wolak matthew.wolak at email.ucr.edu
Mon Oct 10 15:46:49 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,

We had enough interest over the summer in the S & M (Statistics and Methods)
Journal Club that we should try and keep it going this quarter.  For the new
(or forgetful) people on the list - the S&M club is a regular journal club
deal, where we get together to discuss papers, but the focus is on
statistical techniques (either new methods to learn or complicated as heck
normal ones that need a couple brains to work through).  This is a chance to
become more comfortable with jargon, perhaps learn something revolutionary
that isn't yet applied in your line or research, get help understanding
certain methods, or just to help improve your awareness of what is available
to analyze your data.

If you would like to be on the e-mail list, just reply to this message.  If
you were on the list over the summer, please reply to this as well.  Also,
let me know when during the week you would like to meet and if you have any
papers or topics that you wish to be discussed at some point.   I would like
to meet next week, so please reply in the next 2 or 3 days.

Sincerely,
Matthew

--

Matthew Wolak