[Bgsa] Lunch w/ speaker on Thursday?

Breanna Harris bharr002 at ucr.edu
Tue May 10 14:21:31 PDT 2011

Hi All,
I've invited the seminar speaker for this Thursday's (May 12th)
seminar.  Heather Watts will be here on campus all day and I was wondering
if anyone would like to join us for lunch at the alumni center (12-1ish). We
have 2 open spots so if you'd like to chat with heather while getting free
food please let me know.

Talk title: "Reproductive timing in songbirds: environmental cues, sex
differences, and interspecific variation."

 Background:
Heather got her BS from Duke and then went on to do a PhD with Kay Holecamp
at Michigan State University studying social and ecological determinants of
survival and reproduction in spotted hyenas.  She then went on to UC Davis
to work with Thomas Hahn on the environmental regulation of reproduction in
songbirds. Heather is currently at Loyola Marymount University in LA. Her
lab website: http://myweb.lmu.edu/hwatts/index.htm

Lab interests:
Research in our lab integrates behavior, physiology and ecology to
investigate the relationships between environmental variation, life history
patterns, and the behavior of individuals. We work with both mammalian and
avian systems, but focus on gregarious animals for which the social
environment represents a critical component of the biotic environment.
Thanks!
Bre
--
Breanna N. Harris