[Bgsa] Lunch Bunch Tomorrow!

Sonia Diaz soniadiaz01 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 15:39:12 PDT 2010

Hello,
We are happy to announce this weeks lunch bunch seminar 'How to give a good
talk.'

 This seminar will include presentations from our own Rich Cardullo and Doug
Altshuler.

Because there are many ideas as to how to give a successful oral
presentation, we are encouraging discussion between the two talks and hope
you will come with your ideas as to what makes a talk memorable and
successful vs. what makes a talk ineffective.
We are excited for faculty to share their own
philosophies and students concerns and observations regarding one of the
more important parts of academia, namely communicating research results!

Attached you will find a pdf that outlines some of these ideas!

Seminar is located in Speith 2200

Teri and Sonia

--
Sonia Diaz